Region Referee Administrator: Frank Bagheri
Note: Safe Haven is a mandatory requirement for all Region 88 AYSO coaches and referees. You must take the Safe Haven course before you can coach this coming fall. If you have successfully completed the course before, you do not need to take it again.
- Playoff update
- Recognizing the threat
- Apply the 30-30 ruleWhen you see lightning, count the time until you hear thunder. If this time is 30 seconds or less, seek proper shelter. If you can’t see the lightning, just hearing the thunder is a good back-up rule. Wait 30 minutes or more after hearing the last thunder before leaving shelter.
- Know and heed warning systems and community rules Many communities or park systems have lightning detection and warning systems. Use this information and obey the rules established by the community or park system.
- Know and apply the rules or procedures established by the competition authority.
- Minimize the risk of being struck.Protect the safety of all participants by stopping game activities quickly, so that participants and spectators may retire to a safer place before the lightning threat becomes significant. Remember, if you can hear the thunder, you are within reach of lightning.
- Seeking proper shelter
- No place outside is safe near thunderstorms
- The best shelter is a large, fully enclosed, substantially constructed building. A vehicle with a solid metal roof and metal sides is a reasonable second choice.
- If there is no proper shelter, avoid the most dangerous locations: Higher elevations; wide open areas, including fields; tall isolated objects, such as trees, poles, or light posts; unprotected open buildings; rain shelters; bus stops; metal fences and metal bleachers.
- Referee Mentor Request
- Referee Upgrade Form
- List of Clinics
- Clarification of Law 11 (Offside)
- Laws of the Game
- AYSO Rules & Regulations
- ABC’s of Soccer
- Dealing with Severe Weather
- Guidelines for Short Sided Games
- Offside Explained
- Referee Requirements for Coaches
- What Makes a Good Referee?
- Just 3 Wished
- So You Think You Know the Game
- Ken Aston Referee Camp
All divisions are online
** We may have to switch TIME SLOTS due to double team coaches
Referee Misconduct Form
The Referee Misconduct Form can be completed online to report any cautions and/or send offs in your match. Once you complete the form, you may select the email icon in the toolbar at the top of the form and address it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Are You a Certified Referee?
Youth Referees Needed!
Region 88 has a program just for referees under the age of 18. It is called the Player Referee Organization or PRO. Details are available here .