Coaching soccer to a 4-year old may sound scary to you, but it’s really a lot of fun. For this age, you don’t need to be an elite soccer coach, all you need to do is help teach them some of the basics, let them play the game and have a good time. On each Saturday, you will be guided by an Advanced Coach during the “Play-Time.” Our clinics will also help you with all this, and we urge you to look through some of the practice sessions for U-6 on the Coaching Page. You will get some great, helpful & fun ideas!
In order to coach an Under 5 team, you need to meet the following training requirements below.
- Coaching & Referee Requirement: Complete an AYSO Under 5/6 coaching clinic before the first team practice
- Safe Haven Requirement: Complete (or completed in a previous year) the 3-hour AYSO Coach Safe Haven course before the first team practice
- Volunteer Application: Complete an “official” Volunteer application before the first team practice. (Details).
- Concussion Awareness Training: You will need to complete the Concussion Awareness Training in order to be able to volunteer this year. You will need your AYSO ID and you can get that at eAYSO. The course can be found by clicking here: Online Concussion training
Recommended Computer Knowledge
To help organize your team, read schedules, and have excellent communication with your team and the region:
- Have a basic knowledge of email, Word, Excel, and the internet.
- Ability to access email every day