In order to be a coach (OR an assistant coach) for an Under-8 team, you must meet the following training/certification requirements.
- Complete an AYSO Under 8 coaching clinic before the first team practice; or
- Have previously completed a 4-hour AYSO Under 8 (or higher level) coaching clinic*
- Complete either a 3 1/2-hour Under 6/Under 8 (“mini”) referee clinic, or a 9-hour Regional referee clinic** before the first game of the season; or
- You are already an AYSO certified Regional (or higher) referee.
Volunteer Application: Complete an “official” Volunteer application before the first team practice. (Details).
Concussion Awareness Training: You will need to complete the Concussion Awareness Training in order to be able to volunteer this year. You will need your AYSO ID and you can get that at eAYSO. The course can be found by clicking here: Online Concussion training
Recommended Computer Knowledge
To help organize your team, read schedules, and have excellent communication with your team and the region:
- Have a basic knowledge of email, Word, Excel, and the internet.
- Ability to access email every day
*If you previously completed the AYSO Youth coaching clinic, that will satisfy this requirement.
**Completing the Regional referee clinic will satisfy the referee training requirements for coaching through the Under-14 level.